Monday, July 20, 2015

1st Letter from the MTC


Dear Family,

To be honest, I already miss you all.  I am really liking the MTC.  The spirit is really strong here.  I never have gotten so close to my Heavenly Father like this before.  To be honest, my second day at the MTC was so long and hard.  It then has gotten so much better.

I love everyone in my district.  We have 2 sisters and 6 elders, including me.  Their names are Sister Cheret, Sister Vanarsdale, Elder Ustrum, Elder Carr, Elder Stephenson, Elder Whitney, and Elder Blanthorn. For some reason, all the Elders in my district think that I'm so funny.  They think that I should be a comedian.  I don't know, maybe when I get back in two years I might have try to be a comedian.

Elder Ustrom is my companion.  He is really nice.  He ran track in high school too!  Right now, we have three investigators that we are teaching.  Sometimes it is kinda hard teaching them.  But I think their faith is growing and they are coming closer to Heavenly Father.

Yesterday I saw Aunt Kaeley for my 1st time since the first day I arrived (She is a teacher at the MTC).  It was really nice seeing and I was so happy. Just by seeing her, I felt like I was seeing you all.  Kaeley and I are going to meet up for lunch Tuesday and Saturday.

I just want you to know how grateful I am for helping me go on a mission. I won't be here today without your help and support.  I'm leaving the MTC on Tuesday.  I think that is Tuesday July 21st.  I will try to call you from the airport.  So sorry if I wake you up at 6 am :)

Please say hi for me to everyone.

Love Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment