Monday, January 25, 2016

Philadelphia Temple Open House and Snow

Hey mom! Yes we did get a lot of slow but I'm still alive. It's been really cold but I am staying warm thanks to the winter clothes you have sent me. We have been really busy with proselyting so we haven't really had a chance to shovel the snow for the people. I haven't really heard from Mesafint for a while now, how is he doing. I used get his group email and I don't know if he stopped doing that. 

Thank you so much for the birthday wish and for the birthday package surprise. It did really surprised me and made my day. Found it right on our doorstep after coming from our lesson with the Wiess families. We set them up with a date on that lesson and I was already really. Getting your package even doubled my happiness by so much. I was like oh my goodness, this the best day ever. Thank you so much! The area is doing every well. We found out that they are going to split it in half and put a set of sisters here next transfer. It is going to be Wilkes-Barre north and south. We are going to cover the south part. We are not too worried about losing a lot of our investigators because most of them are on the south side. So I think the work in Wilkes-Barre is going to increase so much. 

The first presidency announced the date for the open house and dedication of the Philadelphia temple. The open house for the public is from Friday, August 5, 2016 to September 3, 2016. The temple dedication will be on Sunday September 18th. I'm so excited for it, I haven't seen a temple since I have been here. I think it is going to bring so many people to the church too. 

Something funny that happened to this past week is that a guy mistaking me for a girl. It was pretty funny. He did know that I'm a guy at first and as I got close to him and began speaking to him.....he changed his whole attitude. He began calling me ma'am haha. I guys that's how much of a good looking I am, people actually mistakes me for a girl. 

Well it sounds like you all are doing so well. The biggest advice I will give for someone who is preparing to serve a mission;
1, read the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon has every answers that the investigators will ask. As the investigators receive their answers through the Book of Mormon, the the spirit will enter into their hearts. Then the chance of them accepting the invitation to baptism is high. 
2, Read Preach My Gospel. If you don't, you will be behind on your mission and will have to try to catch up. PMG is your best friend. That is something that  I wish I had done. 
3, Learn to love anyone and everyone. You will be teaching drug addicts to businessmen. You will be teaching in clean, nice homes and in dirty house that is filled with Dog hears. Sometimes the house is so smelly. You have to love everyone regardless of their circumstance, their looks, or their interest.

So those are the three advice I will like to give them. I hope you guys will have a great week. Love you both. 
Elder Haws!

No comments:

Post a Comment