Monday, November 16, 2015

Missions not always about baptisms

I hope things are going well for you all. I had really amazing week. We taught a lot of lessons this past week and the lord blessed us with four new investigators. And they are just a potential investigators that we weren't able to have a lesson with for a while. This past week we were finally able to set down and have a lesson with them so they became a new in investigators now. Their names are; Elizabeth, Sadony, Anita and Kevin. 

Elizabeth is a single mom with two kids. She goes to seventh-day Adventist and very active in it. She is very open about hearing others beliefs so she allowed us to share our beliefs with her. We taught her about the restoration and she liked it. She accepted our invitation to read the Book of Mormon and to pray about it.  She is very into her church and it doesn't looks like she is willing to leave her church but she want to learn more about our church. Hopefully she will change her mind as she read from the Book of Mormon and as she learn more about the church.

Sadony is really solid, she loves talking about God and has great relationship with Heavenly Father. We had awesome lesson with Her. We taught her about restoration and she really liked it. She really agreed about everything we talked about. She committed to a soft baptismal date for December six. Anita is an older lady and is probably in her 70s. She lives on Main Street of Smyrna and we taught her on her front porch. It was kind of hard to feel the spirit because it was so loud but after all the lesson turned out okay. We tried to get her to come to church but she said that she needs more time. We found Kevin while we were Looking for his mom and end up having quick lesson on his front porch. He is really nice kid and very knowledgeable about the bible.

We had really good lessons with our less active members as well. On Thursday we met this guy named Raymond Benson. It has been about 3 years since he has left the church.We met him at the church building and had a good lesson with him. He openly expressed some of his concerns why he went inactive. He doesn't understand why the church buildings are not nicer and more convenient for the older people of the church so they don't have to sit on hard chairs that have to be stacked and set up every week. We told him how nice it is for him to feel bad for those people but that shouldn't keep him from coming to the church. We related the story in alma chapter 14 about Alma and Amulek watching the people be buried by fire. He really liked that scripture and thought that scripture was just for him. We gave him couple more scriptures to read and he told us that he will go home and pray about it as he reads. I don't really understand why people leave the church for small reasons like that. 

We will be getting a transfer calls this week on Friday and I'm kind of afraid that I might be leaving this area. So I guess we will find out on Friday. 
 
Yes, all the winter close fit me really good. Thank you so my for that. I'm glad everything is going well with you guys back home. Yeah its sounds like you have been really busy with work but that is really good how you are enjoying it.

I had really great week, we taught a good amounts of lessons . We taught about 14 lessons all together. I haven't taught that much lessons before since I got here. We usually teach about 9 to 11 lesson a week. Last week, Elder Pollmann and I set goals to push ourselves and work hard. We set our goal to teach at least 15 lessons a week and we were 1 away from reaching our goal. We are struggling with progressing investigators right now. We don't really have any investigator who is keeping all of the commitments. Sometimes it kind of hard when that happens but I still have it out here. It is nice to have baptisms but mission not always about baptisms. I love meeting and talking to a people like brother Hutton and sister Langestein. It makes me so happy when I leave them with a smile. 

I don't need any thing for Christmas, thank you so much for everything. I really appreciate for all the things you guys have done for me! Love you guys and I hope you will have a great week. 
 
Love Elder Haws!!

No comments:

Post a Comment