This past week has been just kind of a humbling experience for me.
We ran to so many people who is spiritually and physically going to
pain, grief and afflictions. Wednesday morning we went over to our less
active member brother Langestein and we got to
met his wife for our first time. His wife is going to really hard times.
She has some type of a disease all over her body. She can't even walk
on her feet. Her whole bottom feet looks like it has been wounded. She
told us how every day is a struggle for her
just to get around in her home. Even though she has been going to all
that for years and years, she still has a great faith in God and willing
to accept what he has given her with thankfulness. Sometimes it is
really easy to forget the things that Heavenly
Father has blessed us with. It is huge blessing just to have a healthy
body. I shared Alma 7:11-12 and told her how Christ has felt her pain and
how he knows what she is going through. That just made me to be
grateful for the healthy body God has blessed me with.
My other experience was with Brother Hutton. Brother Hutton lost
his wife first week I got here. He called us down to the hospital when
his wife was on a life support machine and he asked me if I could give
him a priesthood blessing. I was really nervous
at the time because I never have given anyone a priesthood blessing
before. Anyways we haven't seen brother Hutton since then but we finally
saw him this past week. He is going to really hard times right now. He
doesn't have any family members close by so he
doesn't have anyone who takes care of him. He is very lonely and spends
most of his days and night on bad because of his health issues. From now
on we are going to see him at least once a week and hopefully that
would make him feel better at least for that
moment we are there.
On Thursday we had really good zone training. Most of our training
was on Book of Mormon. I learned a few great ideas on how to pass out
the Book of Mormon. One of the thing me and Elder Pollmann trying is to
write our testimony and mark few scriptures
before giving out the Book of Mormon. Hopefully they will at least read
those verses we marked for them.
This past week was been really good as far as teaching goes as
well. We had some great lessons and we found a few more potential
investigators. Our area is slow picking up and the members are helping
by coming out teaching with us. It is always the best
when the members and full time missionaries work together. We are trying
a few things to have the members share the gospel with their nonmember
friends. One of the thing that we came up with was to give the ward
monthly missionary challenge. And our challenge
for this month to the ward is to share something spiritual on social
media.
I'm so glad you all are doing so well. I do really like how you and
grandma Hill have positive attitude about everything. That reminds me
of the pioneers, they sing "all is well" when all wasn't well and when
they are experiencing all the hard times. You
are right being on a mission during holidays season could be hard but I
think it's a special blessing to be out here during those times. I only
have two holidays of each to spend to spend while serving the lord and
have all those when I get home.
Yes I did heard about the new church policy. On Saturday one of our
less active member texted us and said "After reading the story that
CNN did and doing my own research.... the church of Jesus Christ and
Latter Day Saints is no longer welcomed in my
house.To hold a child responsible for the sins of parents who are gay is
directly against the teachings of Christ. Do not come over my home ever
again." That was exactly his words. I think there was a reason that he
was a less active at first place and that
just gave him another reason to leave the church. It all comes down to
weather God has called the prophet here on earth. If we have testimonies
about God calling the prophets and apostles, then what they they does
really comes from God. We might not understand
all things alright now but we should just take it with faith. I know
that God has called the prophets to guide us in this latter days. I'm
sure we are going to have a lot more people ask us about that but it's
doesn't change anything my belief.
Thank you so much for everything, I hope you will have a fantastic week.
Love elder Haws
No comments:
Post a Comment