Monday, September 21, 2015

I'm so grateful for the priesthood

 I had really amazing week. It went by like a blink of un eye. Out here time just flys by so fast. First off investigators, it was pretty slow week with investigators. Most of them called and canceled it on us. Most or our lessons was with the less active members. We've been trying so hard to get them back In church. Bobby is the one who is progressing the most out of our less active members we've been visiting. Ever since we met him he has been keeping all of the commitment and has been going to church.

Yesterday after church we went and visited this guy named Bob Young in rehab center. He is in rehab center for hip replacement. He is a convert to the church and it has been 4 years since he has joined the church. He is really amazing guy, has really great testimony of the gospel. He has been having a lot health problems and hasn't been to church for long time because of that. He still read his scriptures and say his prayers. We were able to talk with him about atonement little bit. We told him how God is really aware of his situations and knows what he is going through. 

On Saturday we had opportunity to attend a baptism at the beach. President Phillip's of the elders quorum eight years old son got baptized. It was really cool experience, I had to to give a talk on baptism. The baptism was at the sunset and it was so beautiful. President Phillips also had a new baby couple weeks ago. They decided to do baby blessing right before the baptism so we had opportunity to participate in that as well. That was my first time participating in baby blessing, it was really cool experience for me. 

Saturday morning was the dedication of the priesthood restoration site in Harmony, Pennsylvania. Pres. Nelson was the one who dedicated it. We went to church and watched it, It was really cool. You should watch it if you haven't had a chance to watch it yet. It's still on LDS.Org. In ensign of September 2015, there is also great article called "Joseph Smith in Harmony." It is really great article, it's explains in depth what happened in Harmony, Pennsylvania. I'm so grateful for the priesthood that was restored back to the earth through prophet Joseph Smith
 
That is so cool how  Mesafint's patriarchal blessing came in the mail. I don't remember him getting one when he was at home. Did he get it out on a mission? I'm so glad he got one. He is having really great experience on his mission too. It makes me so happy when I read his emails. Being out here is truly a blessing, it has changed me a lot just for being out here for this long. I think I lost the copy of my patriarchal blessing somewhere. It would be great if you are able to order a copy of it for me. 

It looks like you guys had pretty fun week with demolition derby and trip down to Utah for Chaltu's talk. Long car trips are always fun, I love those times we had. That is so awesome how Mariuma got baptized. I didn't knew that shat she hasn't been baptized yet. I'm also glad Abate is going back to church. Running to ER still didn't stopped ha? I thought it would stop since me and Mesafint left. Poor Gutama, I hope his finger will get better soon. So is he out from football for a while? That is so cool how awesome Tofik is doing at soccer. I hope they will do well on his coming home game as well. How is Everett doing with school? It so awesome how Luke is walking. 

That is so great how it mentions in your patriarchal blessing about the blessings you will receive if you paid your tithing. It is so awesome how you saw that blessing right away after you paid your tithing. I know that God will bless us if we are obedient to him. The blessings do come even if it have to be on the next life. 

My favorite scripture is alma 37:6-7. By small and simple things great thing comes. Over here the weather is definitely getting cooler but it's not at the point where I need to wear my winter close. The weather is really nice now. It starting to cool down at nights. You don't really have to ship my winter clothes now but it will be nice if I get them at the end of October. . 

Thank you for your letters and everything. Hope things will go well for you guys. How is grandma Hill and grandpa Hill are doing? I haven't heard from them for long time. Please say hi to them for me. I hope you guys will have a great week.
 
Love Elder Haws.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment