Monday, September 28, 2015

The Family Unit

Dear Family,
 
I had another great week. A lot has happened this past week. We have been working hard to build up the ward. In this ward we have a lot of less active members, part member families, and people who has fallen away from the church for different reasons and don't really want to get back in church. We have been working so hard to get them back in to church. We have been working with ward councils. This past week we were able meet with two of the ward council members. We were able to go over the ward report with them. They really helped us a lot and gave us a lot of referrals. This week we are going to contact those referrals and going to try to meet up with other ward council members. 

We were also finally able to have lesson with the Offei-ansah family. They are really great family from Ghana. The husbands name is Nana and the name of  his wife is Esther. They have two little kids. They were taught by the missionaries before I got here. Right before I got here the missionaries lost being in contact with them because Nana and Esther were really busy with work and schooling. We were finally able to sit down and have a lesson with them. It was a good lesson, kids were tired and crazy but we were able to keep their attention for just long enough. We established some expectations for them and they said they are still interested in learning more. Esther seems so solid and wants to meet even if Nana isn't there. She loves the temples and told us how she really want to go inside. The last time they were taught was about there months ago. So we reviewed the restoration and focused on the Book of Mormon and on families. Nana said that's what interests him most about the church is the family unit. They both are really great and I'm so excited to work with them. The only thing is that they still have really busy schedule.

The people in the ward still treat us super well and feed us a lot. You could not believe what I had at the bishops house. He is from Philippians. He invited us to his house for dinner last Monday. He made me try Belut. Belut is egg embryo that is ready to hatch. It is usually embryo that is 18 to 21 days old. They take that and cook it. As you eat you can see the the head, the legs and little feathers of the chick. It's almost like eating a baby chicken haha. It taste just like a boiled egg. looking at it was so gross thou. 

You experience with a lot of different things out here. I'm just really grateful for all this things I'm experiencing out here. Along with helping others, everyday is a learning experience for me. I hope and pray that everything will go well for you all. Thank you for all your support and prayers. 

I hope you all will have a great week! 
Love Elder Haws. 

Sorry I've been so bad at it but here are some pictures 
 Mubarek's Zone Leader
 Mubarek with his Aunt Kaeley at the MTC---She's a teacher there.
Mubarek and Benson at the MTC.  They ran cross country in high school together.

No comments:

Post a Comment