Monday, September 7, 2015

Instrument in the Hands of God



Hi mom and dad. I hope everything is going well for you guys. 
I had really amazing week, it went by so fast. This past week we did a lot of service for people in the ward. We went with a member and helped a single sister with laying down a flooring. We spent about 4 hours there and we are still not done. We are going over some time this week and trying to finish it. We also helped another member who is switching a house in the ward. His name is Jason Phillips and he is really nice guy who is elders corm president. We spent two days helping him move out from his old house and move in to his new house. They had so much stuff, I never seen that much stuff in the house before. There is no way that we could get it done with in two days if the members didn't showed up. About 7 members showed up including the bishop. 

It was pretty good week too as far as teaching the teaching the lessons goes. I've definitely seen the hand of the lord in my life so much since I got out. When I was at home I didn't really believed when people says the lord will lead you to the people that he has prepared for you. But now I do really believe that and I've seen it a lot out here. Yesterday after church we had two lessons but both of them got canceled on us. We then decided to go see this former investigator named Jenny who has been dropped by previous missionaries in the area. When we knocked on her door, one of her son came out and told us that she is not at home. As we turned around to leave, her other son and the dad arrived. We said hi to them and told them how we were there to see Jenny. The dad went in but the son stayed back and talked to us on their front porch. His name is Bobby. He told us how he used to be a member of our church and how he left the church. We slow start talking him about why he left the church, he just let everything that's been going on with his life loose. We talked about so many different aspects about the gospel to help him. We talked about how God is loving and always watching out for us, we talked a lot about the Atonement and how it changes our lives. He was just so happy we showed up. He told us how he has been thinking about God lately when he does all bad stuff like drinking and smoking. He also told us how much he misses the church. Since he left our church he has been to many other churches but never felt the same. He said that he always felt like something has been missing In his life. We testified to him that what he is missing is this gospel. He wants to get back to church and he wants to start turning his life around. He also said he wants to go to the addiction recovery classes to help him stop smoking and drinking. We committed him to read the Book of Mormon and go to church. He is really nice guy. He wasn't born In the church, he was a convert. He stayed in church for about 3 years then left for a lot of different reasons. I think now he is going to do what ever it takes to get back. 


That is really Gods hand, him leading us to Bobby. We didn't knew nothing about Bobby before we met him and it wasn't our plan to go there and talk to him. It is amazing to me how God does great thing by small and simple steps. I know that God really loves and cares about each one of his children. I'm so grateful for this gospel for peace and comfort it brings to our lives. I know that this gospel can really change our lives. I'm so grateful to be "instruments in the hands of God."
Thank you so much for everything. I hope you guys will have a great week 
Love Elder Haws. 

No comments:

Post a Comment