Another great week passed by. First off, teaching visits. We didn't
had to much teaching visits, it was slow week as far as teaching
goes. It was hard to schedule lessons. Everyone is busy with their work
and school. We were unable to teach many of our
investigators and less active members but we still had really busy
week. We got a transfer call this passed week. Me and elder Mackay are
both staying, there is only one sister who is leaving from our district.
In our district there are 5 sisters and then me
and elder Mackay. So all of us are staying besides the one sister. Her
name is sister Ashcroft and she is not very happy about leaving. She was
hoping that she would stay little longer in her area.
So do you remember how we used to talk about how some people pray
holding hands? So far on this mission I experienced two of those. One
was yesterday evening. We went knock on this family and the dad came out
and talked to us. We talked to him little bit
about what we do as a missionary. We told him how we share a message
about Jesus Christ and how we invite people to pray about it to know if
it's true. He then asked us if we could pray with his family. We told
him we would love to. He then call all his of
family out on the porch. We prayed with them on their porch holding
hands. When I was at home I thought that is so wired but now I think
it's fine. They are really nice family who believe in Jesus Christ. We
gave them a restoration pamphlet and they accepted
it. We tried to schedule a time to stop by and share a lesson but they
told us that they will give us a call. I'm hoping they will soon because
they are really nice family.
We also attend the baptism service that the sisters in our district
had. It was really good. We were Hoping to take one of our really nice
investigator named Vance to baptism. He was unable to come because he
had to work, his boss won't allow him to take
a day off. I think I have told you little bit about Vance before. We had
first lesson with Vance on my first week of being here. Since then we
weren't able to have another lesson with him because he is so busy. He
has a baptism date on September 13th but we
don't think he can be ready by then. We have appointment with him this
week and going to talk to him about pushing back his baptismal date.
I had to give a talk at the sacrament meeting yesterday. I spoke on
repentance and atonement of Jesus Christ. I also had to share little
bit about my conversion story. After wards people told me that they felt
the spirit so that is good. One of the investigator
named Kelly showed up to church yesterday. She was being taught by
sisters in the Camden ward near Dover because they didn't knew that
Kelly is in our ward boundary. They found out that Kelly is in our ward
boundary about about 3 weeks ago. Since then the sisters
were trying to have her come to our ward but she didn't showed up till
yesterday because she really likes the Camden ward. After the church she
told us that she really likes our ward now and felt welcomed by
everyone. So we are hoping to see her in our ward
every Sunday. We have to start teaching her soon now. She is really nice
lady. She already has a baptismal date on September the 20th.
So that is how most of my week went. It looks like you guys had
really fun busy week as well. I'm so glad everything is going well for
you guys. I'm sure Luke had the best week being spoiled by both
grandma's and eating a cake like a champ. I'm also glad
that everyone survived the first week of school. I didn't taught Everett
would enjoy getting up early in the morning but that is good that he is
getting up early happily. That is awesome how Tofik got to be on
newspaper twice. He is really talented, he just
have to use it wisely. That is fun how Damitu had her first cross
country race. How did it went for her? That's too bad Gutama's team last
their game, hopefully their coach won't yell at them to much. That is
so cray how grandma Haws is really sick. I hope
it's nothing to serious. I hope and pray that she will get better soon.
Thank you guys so much for everything. I hope you all will have a great week.
Love Elder Haws.
No comments:
Post a Comment