Monday, August 10, 2015

Running Three Miles and Finding

Hi Family,
That is way cool you guys went to Kayla and Keith's for Sunday dinner. Yeah, I remember their backyard. I helped them with leveling the ground this one time. 

Mom, that is so exciting you got the job at BYU-Idaho job. How are you liking it so for? Every Sunday we go to a ward council. Yesterday morning this one guy named John came to the ward council and talked about the BYU-Idaho Pathway program. He talked about what it is and how it works. He said that this program has helped a lot of people get back in the gospel. 

I bet going to Alaska is going to be so much fun for grandma and grandpa Hill. I like how they always going to new places. They are so adventurous! How is Kate doing, is she still dating that guy? Please tell her hi for and that miss her. 

Mom, I actually got your letters, they just came late. I got them both on Friday. Thanks for all that letters. I really like how you always share those scriptures or a talk with me. Thanks a lot for that. When ever I get email or letters from you guys I get so excited and happy. Please say hi to everyone for me. 

I had another great week. We didn't really had that much lessons. We had a lot of lessons set up with less active members and some investigators but Some of them called and canceled it on us.  So we did a lot of finding.  We got one new investigator. Her name is Nancy. She is really nice lady who is looking for new church to go to. She said that she used to go to a Catholic Church and no one really welcomed her. We were able to go over and taught her the the restoration. We committed her to read the Book of Mormon and to pray about it. We also tried to commit her to a baptismal date but she wanted to make sure it was true first. She said if she finds out that it is than she will. So that our highlight of our week. 

This morning we went out on a run for my first time since I got here. Smyrna high school is less than half a mile from where we live. They have really nice track there so we were able to run on it. The weather was really nice this morning, it was cloudy and really breathable. I ran for three miles and it was so hard. I'm so out of shape and getting fat.
I hope you all will have a great week. 

Love Elder Haws.

No comments:

Post a Comment