Monday, August 24, 2015

By Small and Simple Things

Dear Family,
It is so nice to hear that everyone is doing so good. It's not like I'm homesick or anything but I did miss you all a lot. Every time I read your letters I get so excited and happy. I'm glad all the kids are liking their sports. It's so cool how Tofik got moved up to varsity, I'm sure he will enjoy that. Wow Luke is turning to one? That is so exciting, you guys have to wish him happy birthday for me! I remember when we celebrated Everett's one year birthday on the farm. He was really excited when mom brought him the cake. He started to play with it and it was so fun to watch him. I'm sure it does get challenging being a parents sometimes but guys are a great parents.
 
 Being on a mission for this short amount of time made me appreciate all those little things we have done as family. Keep doing those little family activity like family scripture study, family player and family home evening. Those little things really can make a big difference. In Amla 37:6 it says "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." Those little things we do as a family can really make us get close to each other and give us unity as family. I don't see to much of that here, I don't see to much of parents teaching their kids. Some people has mindset that their kids need to learn on their own. I think that is really bad idea. I can see a big difference between a family that taught their kids while they are young and the one who didn't. That why I love this church a lot, it teaches us how important a family is and teaches us the ways we can get close to each other us a family. 
 
Delaware is really different from Rexburg ID. It is not as clean as Rexburg. When I got here It was little weird for me seeing black people everywhere but now I'm getting used to it. The people are really different, they are not as friendly as the people in Rexburg. The members are still really nice but the most majority of the people are not members. It is nice though how the church is the same everywhere. In Delaware there is no sale tex so that is really nice. I like that, It save us money on groceries. It is also really green out here, the trees are really tall and beautiful. No mountains here though, people call a little hill a mountain here. 
 
I had really good week. Last Monday we spent most of our p-day with zone leaders and with a member that the missionaries call Pops. Pops is really nice guy who loves the missionaries a lot. All the missionaries like him a lot as well. He took us to a city called Rehoboth which is like two hours away from where we live and showed us around. We went to a lot of different stores. He also bough us really nice lunch. 
 
I'm just really enjoying being on a mission. We got one new investigator and his name his Burton. We found Burton about two weeks ago but we weren't able have lesson with him until this past Wednesday. It was actually kind of a miracle how we found him. That day we I was on exchange with training elders. Our plan was to go to this little town called Cheswold which was about 7 minutes of drive from where we leave. We then decided to not go there because we didn't had to much time. We thought that we won't have too much time finding people there by the time we drive there. So instead we decided to go knock doors close by.
 
The first door we knocked to was Burton's. He came out, talked to us for a little bit and told us that he was busy at a moment. 
We asked him if we could stop by some time and he told us it would be fine. We weren't able to meet with him for long time because he is so busy but we were able finally meet with him on Wednesday. 
 
We had an awesome lesson with him about the Plan of Salvation. We really tried to focus it on him and how God has a plan for each of us. He listened so well and asked good questions. We explained each point and helped him understand the Plan of Salvation. He loved it and really felt the spirit in the lesson, we stopped it a couple times and asked him how he felt and he kept telling us good. He also told us his story about his wife. He said that his wife leaves him, the two little kids they have, go sees another guy and comes back when she feel like it. He said that first day we met him, his wife was gonna, he was really sad and wondering why God did that to him. And then he told us how God sent us to him to show him that God is still there for him. He also said that his wife came back latter that day after we met him. 
 
When we had the lesson with him his wife was gone again but he told us how God sent us to him again after she is gone. Anyways he is really nice guy. We committed him to pray about what we taught him to be true and than we committed him to come to church but he said he wants to go to his church because he now has a lot of questions for his pastor! He did want to meet with us again though so we set up a return appointment. We are excited to meet with him again. 
I hope you guys will have a great week 
 
 Love elder Haws!

No comments:

Post a Comment