Monday, August 17, 2015

I'm learning how to make missionary work fun

Dear Family, 
That is disappointing that Damitu got cut from the soccer team but I'm glad that she is doing cross country. I think she will enjoy it. Wow! Tofik made it to JV? That is so exciting! I thought Gutama was joking when when he was talking about joining the football team. I didn't thought he will leave soccer. That is awesome, I hope he will enjoy it. Yeah I bet you are so busy giving them all rides. I remember when mom used to stay in town pretty much all day waiting until they all get done. How are Everett and Luke doing? I pray and hope that things get better for Kayla. That is really nice of mom staying with Kayla for that long. 
 
My week has been really good, I'm still loving it here. This week we didn't really had any lessons with the investigators. We couldn't really get them in contact with us. We tried to call them all many times and we couldn't get hold of them, no one answers their phone. We then tried to stop by their house. Some of them weren't at home and some told us to comeback another time. It is kind of hard sometimes when that happens but I'm learning how to make missionary work fun. 

We still had really busy week. On Friday we had a a training meeting in Philadelphia, it was all day long. It was good, I learned a lot Part of the training was on how to work better with members and ward mission leader which we don't really have. Our ward mission leader is really nice guy, he just been really busy with a lot of things. He hasn't even been able to come to church, I haven't seen him at church since I got here. So we weren't able to work with him. We've been talking to the bishop about getting us a new ward mission leader and he said that he is working on it. We are hoping he will get us one soon.

We also had opportunity to go do a service project this past week. We have this really nice family in our ward and did service for them. We dugout really big tree from the ground. It took us a while to dig that out and we got couple blisters from it. We also helped them with some other yard works. We helped them plant a couple of trees. So it was really great week. 
I hope you will have a great week.  
 
Elder Haws. 

No comments:

Post a Comment